Friday, August 28, 2009

Work-Week Food Blogging

This tableaux pretty much represents my lunch Monday-Thursday this week and dinner on Tuesday and Wednesday. Sandwich, veggies with hummus, diet coke with lunch, though not with dinner. I also had a bit of soup after class Tuesday/Wednesday evenings. I'll be honest, I can't remember which sandwich corresponds to which day. This will be a fairly boring post until we get to Thursday dinner.

Apple & cheese for a snack--Tuesday.



Similarly, yogurt & granola for breakfast Mon-Thurs.





Thursday, I bought some take-out sushi, dumplings, & tempura chicken in a ginger dipping sauce. Every bite was delicious. I also had a BL Lime with this.

Sushi close-up.
Dumpling & Chicken Close-Up.

This morning (Friday--the beginning of my weekend), I made Bob's Red Mill Oatmeal with Chia Seeds. I LOOOOOVVE this way of eating oatmeal.

I used the last of the free-Chia seeds I got to review. I need to go buy some, but I've only found a large canister of them at Co-Op for $17.99. I'd rather buy a smaller bag, but a $5.99 bag at GreensPlus, costs $7 to ship--which seems ridiculous. So, I think I'll try Whole Foods one more time and see if they've got them in a smaller container (which before, when I tried about two months ago, they didn't have any) and if that fails, I'll go back to Co-Op and buy the big container. Yesterday, I tried to find them in the expanded organic section of the super-Kroger (they're organic section is HUGE for a conventional grocery store--almost a whole grocery store within the grocery store), but they didnt' have them either.

Isn't this a pretty picture? I treated myself to pink carnations. You'll see my mini-French Press Pot Coffee in the picture as well. I love French-Press, its frothy and lovely. It also uses less coffee then drip coffee.

Oatmeal close-up.

French-Press close-up!

3 comments:

  1. Do you eat cheese on every sandwhich? I have come the the conclusion that I rarely taste cheese on my sandwhiches. So I now eat my cheese alone or on pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's an 80 calorie slice of sharp, white vermont cheddar on each of those sandwiches. The sharp cheese really does come through in these sandwiches, but I never add cheese to tuna or egg or chicken salad sandwiches. which I may have in the coming weeks. Bringing the sandwich making stuff all on Monday and the pre-washed and cut veggies, apples and grapes REALLY made this week easier than having to prepare a meal or a salad for lunch/dinner each day. I think I'll keep this up until I get tired of sandwiches or bring salads on Monday/Thursday. Wacky Wednesday is also still a possibility (its $4 for lunch at the cafeteria which is a good deal). Only having to think about lunch once a week, and dinner on Tues/Wed at that time as well is a big time-saver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quick lunch salad reciepe.
    6 cups of lettuce.
    1/2 cup sour cream
    boca chili severed on top

    ReplyDelete