Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Lizzi Miller Update



Check out the video of Glamour Editor and the plus sized model, Lizzi Miller, on the Today Show yesterday. I just love that this story of her "pouch" is still generating interest and might actually impact Glamour's editorial pages in issues to come (though we'll see if they get the point: its not about the exceptionalism of Ms. Miller, but the fact that body diversity and a greater breadth of bodies in our media are important for women to see a bit of themselves on the page, screen, and stage.)

Anyway, I love this quote of Lizzi's: "My normal is this...I live a healthy lifestyle and I embrace it."

2 comments:

  1. I am over the Lizzi Miller thing. By rehashing it. It makes it seem staged and less truthful in fashsion editorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been a fan of plus-size models! There's a great site with many images of plus-size models here:

    http://www.judgmentofparis.com/

    They're all gorgeous. The site's forum also has thought-provoking discussions about body image and the media.

    ReplyDelete