Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mo'Nique's Trigger to Lose Weight


Above is the infomous Mo'Nique doing the Crazy in Love dance.


Mo'Nique says she decided to start living healthier after a wake-up call from her husband, Sidney Hicks. "I was very comfortable at 262 pounds," she says. "I'm in the bathroom mirror one day admiring 262. And Sid says to me when he comes out of the shower, 'Mama, how much do you weigh?' I said, '262.' And he said, 'Mmm.'"

Mo'Nique says she knew something was coming next. "He said to me in the most gentle, loving way, 'I want you for a lifetime,'" she says. "Baby, I started working out right then."

I love me some Mo'Nique. She is so real. First I am happy that she is so deep in love that she will tell her husband her real rate. I am also happy, that she listen to his words objectively and not just get defensive. I am striving to her.

I only recently let my husband look at the scale while I was on it. I still couldn't tell him my weight aloud. I also went off on my husband last night when he suggested that I go to sleep before 1 am since I am always complaining about being tired. In hindsight he did make sense so I apologized to him this morning, because I did feel better after sleep.

Also, note she will appear on Oprah on August 28, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment