Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Food Blogging: Breakfast

That's not really a Starbucks coffee, its me re-using my Starbucks cup for coffee from the day before. Still, all the same, its coffee with skim milk and raw sugar. There's Chobani Blueberry Greek Yogurt and some Flax Plus Granola.

Oh, Greek Yogurt, how I've missed you. You always last me through the morning. Thanks for being awesome, per usual. Seriously though, I have been eating really poorly the last few days due to some serious family stress. I won't talk about it here for the time being, but certainly I can't help take care of others unless I take care of myself. So, starting with the food, I'll have the yogurt for breakfast, a salad for lunch and some salmon with asparagus for dinner. Lots of water and some vitamins are also on the menu and if I can swing it, some sort of exercise this evening. The race is Saturday, but what I've decided is that this year's race will be my baseline and through the year I'll get on a steady training routine and get a grips on healthy eating and show my results over the year. I'm getting older, I have to stop screwing around--Money, Work, Family, whatever, its not coming from a place of vanity, but health--I need to get some weight off, follow my eating/ethical living values and stop the casual crap dining, and really get an exercise routine and stress reduction routine that I can live with. Yes, I work two jobs and I'm taking classes, but that doesn't mean that I can't carve out exercise Mondays, Thursdays, & on the weekends. I might need to move to get a more fulfilling job, but I can't do that until I have my health managed within reason.

peace

1 comment:

  1. Thealogian, I am with you. I decided to start getting healthy today.
    1. I can't afford any medical co-pays today.
    2. I don't want to be trying to lose weight and look for a job. So I want to thin before I get laid off because thinner/cuter people have a better hiring rate.

    ReplyDelete