Friday, June 19, 2009

Food Blogging: Breakfast Friday

So, I thought I'd try to make a "green monster" smoothie--that is, add something green to my smoothie like I've seen amongst other food bloggers. I meant to have glorious baby-spinach salads this week, but alas, life got demanding and lunch became a frozen meal Monday-Thursday. Today I'll have a salad. Anyway, baby spinach is only good for a week, a week and a half before you need to cook it. Another way to get those glorious greens is to put them in your morning smoothie. Above, you'll see baby spinach, 1/2 banana, blueberries, strawberries, a bit of whey protein, ground flax (1Tb), yogurt (a few tablespoons) and milk. Blend it all together and you get:

It didn't really turn green, did it.

Then tragedy struck and I dropped it on the floor--on the carpet, slippery sides of the glass and all, but it (the glass--purdy glass) shattered and smoothie go boom. Also, it looks quite gray here, which is what the spinach did to the drink--not green, but gray.

So, not to be defeated, I made another and put it in a pastic cup. The carpet has been thoroughly clearned with resolve, so hopefully a stink will not manifest. I'm going to take a vigorous walk and then mow the lawn. After that, I'll do some more arm-weights.

2 comments:

  1. I had a smoothie this morning also. It was
    1 banana
    3 1/2 cups of strawberry yogurt
    ice cubes
    1 cup sliced strawberries
    1/2 cup of organge juice

    Mine came ooupt a pink-purple color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    We have just added your latest post "Fat Feminist Fitness Blog" to our Food Directory . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


    Warm Regards

    foodnrecipes.info Team

    http://www.foodnrecipes.info

    ReplyDelete