Friday, December 4, 2009

Book Review: Not Becoming My Mother


Not Becoming My Mother by Ruth Reichl is a cute interesting book. At about 105 pages it is a quick read. The book discusses how one woman changes her perception of her understanding of her mother after reading her mother's letters and journal entries after she is dead. The author describes how her mother provided and anti-example of what type of women to be.


This book helped me appreciate my mother a little more. I don't have the best relationship with my mother. There are was no cookie baking and hugs in my house. Yet my mother did produce a good citizen and a good solider. In many ways I live my life as the Soldier's Creed, because that was one thing my mother did well, be a soldier, . So America can be happy for that. So in away, my good citizenship lessons have served me more in my travels then I think cookie baking and hugs ever would have.


No comments:

Post a Comment