Thursday, December 31, 2009

5 Resolutions Not to Make This Year

Here is the list Cosmopolitan.com put out

1. Quit your job and wait for a dream career opportunity to present itself.
Reality check: Suck it up and hang on to your gig for now. Appease yourself by taking a class or picking up a hobby that will make your résumé stand out, like learning a foreign language or starting a blog.

2. Change your man.
Reality check: While some relationship tweaking is to be expected (hey, few guys are natural-born good kissers), if the words "fixer-upper" and "project" could describe your boyfriend, it's time to get real.

3. Triple the number of friends you have on Facebook.
Reality check: Less time stalking your friends' friends' friends. More time catching up with buddies you actually care about.

4. Don't eat any junk food.
Reality check: Cutting out all unhealthy food from your diet will most likely lead to binge eating, followed by intense guilt, by mid-January.

5. Save more money.
Reality check: Let's be honest. In this economy, we're just happy to be able to pay our rent, gas, and credit card bill.

1 comment:

  1. Regarding the save more money, what I'm doing January through May is focusing on paying down debt as much as I can and specifically not saving the money because savings often disappear. In June/July I will save money for move/first/last of new apartment and to try to have $2,000 on hand. Hopefully, I'll be allowed to teach the online classes this summer that will help me do this! I really need to get my debt down before starting my Ph.D program. More importantly, I'm really going to need to figure out how to NOT GET INTO DEBT while in grad school.

    ReplyDelete