Thursday, January 14, 2010
10 Ways to Beat Bloat
10 Ways to Beat by Nicole DeCoursy Mead lists 10 things you can do to reduce your belly bloat. They are:
1. Pick Potassium-Rich Foods
2. Beware of habits that cause you to swallow excess air — like chewing gum
3. Cut Starches like bread and pasta before bed time, because they may cause you to retain water.
4. The bubbles in carbonated drinks will make your belly pooch out
5. Some people have difficulty digesting artificial sweeteners, which can cause gas
6. calcium and magnesium in your diet before your period can reduce bloat.
7. To help evacuate gas,try massaging your abdomen in the direction of your GI tract
8. Nibble on Parsley
9. Pop a Probiotic, these "good bacteria" can keep you regular and bloat-free
10. Fight constipation by walking for at least 15 to 20 minutes each day