Monday, November 16, 2009

Megan Fox Tired of Girls Thinking She's "a Slut"

Megan Fox - who has bragged about falling in love with a stripper and being bisexual - has one gripe about the way women perceive her.


"Girls think I'm a slut," the actress, 23, tells this weekend's edition The New York Times Magazine.


But Fox - who is on-again with Brian Austin Green - tells the magazine, "I've been in the same relationship since I was 18."


The problem?


"If they think you're attractive, you're either stupid or a whore or a dumb whore," she says of girls. "The instinct among girls is to attack the jugular."


She says she doesn't mean to come across as a sexual person.


"If I had been a typical starlet and said all the right things, I wouldn’t have escalated to this level," Fox says. "I sit down and do an interview and I talk like a person and that, for some reason, is shocking. All women in Hollywood are known as sex symbols. You're sold, and it's based on sex. That's O.K., if you know how to use it."


When it comes to men's magazines, "there's a certain character that I play," she says. "She’s not fully fleshed out — she doesn't have her own name — but she shows up to do men’s-magazine interviews. There's something so ridiculous about always being in your underwear in those magazines, and you know the interview is going to run opposite those pictures. So, there's a character that talks to all of them."



Overall, Fox says it's been "a crazy year. I’ve learned that being a celebrity is like being a sacrificial lamb. At some point, no matter how high the pedestal that they put you on, they’re going to tear you down. And I created a character as an offering for the sacrifice." Consequently, Fox says she is going to have to "pull back a little bit now."


Says the actress, "I do live in a glass box. And I am on display for men to pay to look at me. And that bothers me. I don’t want to live that character."

Megan Fox needs to take control of her image if she wants to be received differently. You rarely see actress like Reese Witherspoon, Natalie Portman, and Anne Hathaway doing men's magazine shoots in underwear only. So if she wants to be seen differently, but on clothes and stop offering overly signalized sound bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment