Monday, September 7, 2009

Yike Bike



So, readers, what do you think about the Yike Bike--its a foldable, urban scooter/bike that goes about 12 mph and you sit up-right for full visability. It is about $5,500--steep in my estimation (and I didn't really see any place for grocery or other shopping storage). Apparently its also supposed to be good on downhills and not exceed the 12 mph (which would be my concern in San Francisco). I definitely get these new initiatives to combine walking and non-car motorized devices for extended mobility in major cities and I hope innovation, like that found in the development of the yike bike, continues this century. I just wonder how comfortable or feasible this particular design is. Although, before any real judgment can be made, I should try it out. Hey, yike bike, send me a freebie!

No comments:

Post a Comment