Monday, September 21, 2009

Kat James


I love Kat James from Informed Beauty she wrote a wonderful memoir, The Truth About Beauty about her transformation from Binge-eater and make-up artist (exposed to lots of harsh chemicals) to natural health guru and writer. She's sincere.

I'd love to attend one of her five-day natural health make-overs in North Carolina, but I don't have $2,600. If I did, I'd first have to pay off some debt anyway :) but the point is that there are many yoga retreats and natural health adventure trips out there, but hers is the one I'd trust to be safe and genuinely filled with accurate information. Its scary out there and when you are trying to re-evaluate how your culture approaches health and well-being (let alone nutrition) you have to learn how to not only read-labels, but find out who underwrites studies as well.

There are a couple retreats I might like to try (once I'm more middle-class, I'll definitely try), but Kat James' retreat is on the top of my list. How about you, dear reader, any retreat or spa you would love to attend if you had the money/time-off/courage? If you do have the money/ability to take the time off, is there something else stopping you, like insecurity about "not being thin/pretty/confident" enough? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I am interested in going to the Deerfield Spa in PA. Also Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose!

    ReplyDelete