Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Elton John Cannot Adopt the Orphan Boy

The Ukrainian orphan Elton John wants to adopt will not go home with the singer and his longtime partner David Furnish, a Ukrainian family minister said Monday – citing a national law that prohibits unmarried couples from adopting, the Associated Press reports.

Ukrainian laws are very strict when it comes to adoption. Not only do the laws ban same-sex couples from adopting, they also state that the parents cannot be more than 45 years older than the child. Their only hope would be a presidential dispensation to take home 14-month-old Lev.

I am all for gay adoption. Kids need families so I think we should let family's be created. But I am down with the age law. I think a parent that is 45 years older then the kid is creating a situation of heartache. I don't think it is better to love and lose, then to never love at all.

Please note Elton John is 62.

No comments:

Post a Comment