Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Kelly Osbourne and Fat Discrimination,

Kelly Osbourne checked into rehab for drug and alcohol addiction three times.

But the singer, 25, tells the new Us Weekly (on newsstands now): "I took more hell for being fat than I did for being an absolute raging drug addict. I will never understand that."

It is so sad that this world has so much hate for overweight people. It is self destructive as a society. In the Nightline FaceOff: Is it ok to be Fat?, Marianne Kirby, co-author of "Lessons From the Fat-O-Sphere" makes the best point of the night. Why do we attack the faceless fat bodies in advertisements instead of focusing on diet and exercise.

I agree, if it is about obesity talk about diet and exercise. Don't make moral judgements about me because of my appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment