Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm Back!


The Lady & Sons, Savannah, Georgia


Sorry for my MIA status! I went on two business trips last week--to Savannah, GA for a conference and then to Cincinnati for a morning meeting followed by 5 hours blissfully spent at IKEA (aka Disney Land for Adults). Then, coming back into the office Monday, I actually had work to do! Crazy, I know.

I'm going to start Food Blogging again! But before the healthy food blogging, I'm going to share the dangerous and delicious fare from my trip to Savannah! I got to go to Paula Deen's restaurant, The Lady and Sons and oh, my god/dess it was delicious. We all got the buffet, which sounds low-rent, but it allowed you to try all of her magnificent sides. The fried chicken and ribs were pretty much just good fried chicken, not so good ribs, so even though they're on my plate I ate only a couple bites of the ribs and half of the piece of chicken.

Prior to ordering, they bring you out a sizzling hot hoe cake (kind of like a pancake made out of corn meal) and a garlic cheese biscuit, even better than the Red Lobster garlic cheese biscuits. They were seriously worth difficulty of having to come down at lunch to get a reservation for dinner alone!



Since I was in the Deep South, I ordered Sweet Tea which my Kentucky colleagues called me out on--our sweet tea, they exclaimed is just as good as Paula's--its all Lipton's after all!

So, we went with the buffet, which was $17, instead of ordering off of the menu, probably $34. Truth is, I've heard wonderful things about her sides and the buffet offers more of those. Seen here, the MOST AMAZING COLLARD GREENS I'VE EVER HAD! Supper yummy green beans, corn puddin', mac-n-cheese, yams. There's also the fried chicken and ribs--the chicken was really good, I didn't like the sauce on the ribs, but I didn't really eat much of either in the end because the sides were so darn good! I also had (about two hours later) a couple bites of "butter cake" which was included in the buffet price but came from the dessert tray--it was really like a bar of butter & joy, not so much a cake, but I wouldn't mind looking at the recipe.

So, if you are heading to Savannah anytime soon, I'd definitely recommend Paula's. I also got some yummy Shrimp & Grits at the Shrimp Company on the trip, image below!


No comments:

Post a Comment