Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Food Blogging: Sunday, March 7, 2010

Amazing Grass Blueberry and Pineapple Smoothie (no banana, so it wasn't as smooth as I'm used to and I made it with plain yogurt instead of vanilla, but the pineapple sweetened it up).

Cranberry-Juice flavored Iced Tea, tortilla with some of the left over garlic chicken and a bowl of the great veggie soup I made with a bit of cheese (1/4 cup split between the tortilla and the soup). The tortilla is only 60 calories!

My brother and sister-in-law "grilled out" and so I had some of the "white trash salad" and steak on Oscar night. We call mainly iceburg lettuce served with either ranch or blue cheese dressing "white trash" salad. Its not very political and my SL who is Black was confused by the term. Notice that I quoted "grilled out" because growing up in California, we said BBQ for any activity involving cooking with fire out of doors. In the south, that is blaspheme. I'm quoting the words to demonstrate that I'm trying to fully integrate this correct terminology into my personal lexicon.

No comments:

Post a Comment