Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Savor: Mindful Eating, Mindful Life

Yesterday I came home to find a shabby little Amazon.com box on the porch (it was battered by the mail-system due to a postal mix-up on the home front). In that shabby little box was a bright happy jewel: "Savor: Mindful Eating, Mindful Life" a text I hope to review in the coming weeks regarding mindful eating and mindful living. I've been wanting to start a meditation practice that helps me deal with food anxiety (as well as general anxiety), so hopefully the tools offered in this text will help me with this enterprise. The authors, Thich Nhat Hanh, Buddhist monk, Nobel Prize winner and peace activist and Lilian Cheung, director of Harvard University's Health Promotion and Communication program in the Department of Public Health, are well known and respected in their fields, so this won't be some flim-flam cliche-strewn book, hopefully. I'll let you know in the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment