The key to this phenomena is
1. Money, about $16,000
2. Donor eggs
3. Healthy uterus
Celebs who fit in this category are:
- Actress Geena Davis had a baby at age 46,
- Actress Beverly D'Angelo at 49
- Actress Marcia Cross at 44
- Supermodel Iman at 45.
- Actress Holly Hunter had twins at 47.
If you are a regular person these are the facts:
1. Spontaneous pregnancy [rates for] someone 47 is VERY low . Your chances of conceiving naturally at that age are less than 5 percent each month, and the miscarriage rate in the first trimester is 70 to 80 percent.
2. Success with IVF at this age with patient's own eggs is practically unheard of.
3. 70 percent to 75 percent success rate when women in their mid- to late 40s use donor eggs.
4. It costs $20,000 to $30,000 per attempt to get pregnant with donor eggs at the New York University Fertility Center,.