Friday, May 8, 2009

Justin's Almond Butter Packets*

Justin's Almond Butter Packets (individualized servings) are pretty much 1000% awesome. They are lightly flavored with maple (Yum), have a bit of salt in them, and they are chalk full of all the glories of Almonds (protein, good fats, anti-inflammatory properties, etc.) My problem with many of the nutter butters out there (and here I'm going against food blogger religion) is that they are a big bother when out and about and even in your home, they tend to be difficult to use due to the natural separation issues. Whenever I've bought almond butter in particular (which is delish), I've had to add a bit of salt and or honey (usually by plopping the whole jar in a blender adding the key ingredients to standard peanut butter because the "alternative" nut butters are usually raw, unsalted, unsweetened, etc. I figure it takes less to add it at one, in small portions than to add it each time I use the stuff) in addition to the seasoning needs, the oils separate and one needs to stir the jar before each use and by the time you get near the bottom, its dry and grainy.

These individualized packets solve many of my problems I've encountered with alternative nut butters (and I hope Justin makes some cashew butter in packet form soonly as well). You can squeeze the packet prior to opening to make sure that the oil/butter bits are mixed, its salted and sweetened (just the right amount), and its easy to take on the go.

check out the supper yummy Flax (gluten free) waffle I had the other day at work with 1/2 a packet of almond butter and 1/2 a banana. Awesome sauce.

See, I couldn't even wait to take a picture of it before I had that first bite :)

*Note: all product reviews come from the writer's own hearts and are not paid for or solicited by product manufacturers, however, we could easily be persuaded to try out products (sent to us for free) and give our honest opinions. So if by some off chance you, dear reader, are a marketer, feel free to contact us!

No comments:

Post a Comment