Friday, May 15, 2009

Afternoon Snack & Dinner


For an afternoon snack, I was just going to have the toast with the avocado on it (and some pepper), but I had some cut/washed veggies in the fridge and they looked so good, I added them to my plate--with some garlic hummus. This was really good and I'm glad I had it so that I could have dinner at 7:30 p.m. I find that if I eat after 7:00 p.m. I'm less likely to want a late night snack or even dessert. The toast is gluten-free Millet Bread, yum, with a smear of avocado, double yum.


Dinner was (is, I still have some left I might eat later or through out), a Sunshine Garden Veggie Burger (gluten free and very good), over a bed of sauteed shredded cabbage with a bit of Jack, asparagus, and a piece of "Peaches & Cream" corn I bought at a produce stand in Richmond, KY yesterday. A friend at work mentioned how delish this particular variety of corn was, locally grown, so I thought I'd try it--let me tell you, it didn't disappoint. I'll be looking for "Peaches & Cream" again! The asparagus was also from the stand and it was locally grown (and as fresh as can be) as well. I'm so thankful I live in a region of the country where you can support local agriculture fairly easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment