Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Healthy Resolutions Challenge


So, my work--a University--has put out a 55 point, 6 wellness credit change through our Healthy You program for the month of February. The three items they want us to track are:

1. Sleep--at least 7 hours per night
2. Relaxation/Meditation--at least 15 minutes of time out of your day
3. Nutrition--eat at least one cup of fruit and one cup of vegetables per day

Now, I'm pretty good on the Sleep category--I try to aim for 8 hours per night. I'm also very good on the veggies, though making sure that I eat a cup of fruit will require a bit more attention. The relaxation/mediation component is what I'll really need to work on, but I think that a challenge like this is exactly how to go about it. After all, it takes 21 days to form a habit, right LisaD? In order to receive full wellness program credits at the end of the year, one must participate in at least one of the monthly challenges. We track our progress in an online system.

So, how about it readers--anyone interested in taking this challenge with me? Let me know in the comments and I'll try to arrange a reader give-away from a sponsor if we get enough responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment