Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Recipe Recommendation

Jenna has a recipe for a healthy-looking and yummy sounding Carrot Cake on her blog. She makes it with whole wheat flour and lots of carrots, nuts and ginger. I haven't tried the recipe, but I intend to around Christmas.

When I was a kid, my mother used to buy a Pepperridge Farms carrot cake whenever she had friends over to play bridge. I remember having to go to bed early those nights, but the next morning I go to have the last piece of the cake (it came in this little box) and I would always eat it out of the container--which felt somewhat naughty and adventurous. I loved that cake. I loved the nuts and the density and the cream cheese frosting.

Any good cake memories you'd care to share in the comments? Although I am trying to loose weight, there's nothing wrong with really enjoying food.

No comments:

Post a Comment