Thursday, September 2, 2010

Christian Hendricks: Not One Designer Will Loan Her a Dress for Emmys

So, all the chattering "best/worst dress" non-experts (yeah, I'm lookin' at you Joan Rivers) were quick to jump on Christina Hendricks for wearing a pretty mediocre dress for the Emmys on Sunday. First, I'd like to say that I like the color of this dress and that CH is a dazzlingly beautiful woman. Personally, I didn't like the feathers on the sleeves, but I didn't kinda like them on the skirt. Regardless of my non-expert opinion, the truth remains that no designer wanted to dress her--what is she, a 12? Ms. Hendricks as become a fashion icon as of late due to her role as the always well put together Joan Harris on Mad Men--where her figure is celebrated and dressed in vintage clothing that was designed specifically for her body-type. So, why wouldn't a designer want to be named when Ryan Seacrest or Kathy Griffin or any of the other red-carpet "personalities" says "so, who dressed you?" Its pretty ridiculous at this point that designers are still only designing for 00, 0, 2, 4, and sometimes 6's. My hope is that Christina Hendricks is able to help an up-and-coming designer get some recognition the next time she's at an event. If the big boys and girls won't play, Christina, make an ingénue's career through your influence.

1 comment: