Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Still Doing the Home Improvement Thang

So, it is my established opinion that home improvement projects suck, but the results are so good that I forget the hassel two weeks down the road. Since I have tons of aqua blue left (a whole gallon) I'm going to probably paint my gray bathroom blue in a couple weeks--I will need a couple weeks respite (perhaps I'll do it after Chinese New Year and my decluttering project is down--yes, that's what I'll do).

So, on the fitness front: I just bought about $100 of Lean Cuisine and Weight Watchers meals--they are deeply discounted with the whole News Year Resolution crowd about to embark on new fitness regimes and I thought I'd buy them before the pickings are slim. Lean Cuisines are $1.78 and Weight Watchers are $2.18-$2.88. Very good deals.

Here's the thing, I don't particularly care for frozen meals, but I have to be honest. Starting this semester, I will be at work from 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. Monday, 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Tuesday's and Thursdays--that is going to suck. Well, I actually won't be at work the whole time. I'm taking three classes (paid for since I work at a University) in order to get a teaching certificate. One semester of suckitude means that next year, while teaching, I'll only have to do the commute driving once per week each semesters. Also, I won't have to pay tuition. Also, I'll be on flextime--which means really LONG days, but Friday's off (so I'll write my novel). I might as well do the flextime, because I have to stay in the evenings anyway. SO, like I said, serious suckitude.

I have to be practical. I will need to eat lunch and dinner several nights per week at work and though I can make batches of chili or rice and beans cheaper than $1.78, most everything else is more expensive and takes time. So, I'm going to go to the dark side and eat frozen meals (though I'll try to integrate some raw veggies and apples as well).

Despite the sucky schedule, I am going to persevere and try to work out six days per week. Monday's will be my off day, Tuesday and Thursday I will do a pilates tape when I get home, Wednesday will be a full work out at the gym (generally involving the elliptical, my favorite) and then Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I will work out on the treadmill or go to the park at home. I will also have stair climb breaks (to get my blood flowing) and I will have handweights/rubber bands and do some squats when at work. The long days means stiff body, so taking a couple minutes here an there to get ones circulation up is important for health. I may also try to take a Saturday morning Yoga class, well see.

So, my general week should be:

Monday:
Breakfast--Greek Yogurt & Granola; Black Tea
Lunch--Frozen Meal
Dinner--Frozen Meal
Snacks: one apple per day, other options include, almonds, another yogurt, raw veggies/hummus, edame, gluten free crackers w/ cheese, Luna Bar, etc.
Exercise: Day Off

Tuesday:
Breakfast--Greek Yogurt & Granola; Black Tea
Lunch--Frozen Meal
Substantial Snack from list above
Dinner--Soup or Luna Bar in class
Exercise: Pilates

Wednesday:
Breakfast--Greek Yogurt & Granola; Black Tea
Lunch--Frozen Meal or Wacky Wednesday
Dinner--at home, so will vary.
Snacks, see Monday
Exercise: Full Work Out at Gym, Elliptical & Toning

Thursday:
Breakfast--Greek Yogurt & Granola; Black Tea
Lunch--Frozen Meal
Substantial Snack from list above
Dinner--Soup or Luna Bar in class
Exercise: Pilates

Friday/Saturday/Sunday:
Meals @ home, so will vary
Exercise: Treadmill or Walking/Jogging in the park. Yoga possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment