Monday, November 1, 2010

November Resolutions

November Resolutions:

I love perpetual self-improvement projects (I don't always necessarily meet all my goals and challenges, but the process itself is often helpful). So, I'm stealing Kim's idea from The Kim Challenge and I'm going to set some resolutions for the month of November (she does this every month at her blog).

1. Get enough sleep. Lately, House Hunters International and/or one of the New Housewives franchise has me staying up too late and then getting up still tired at 6:00 a.m. I need to try to be in bed by 10:00 p.m. reading or trying to sleep. No more TV in bed past 10 p.m.

2. Really commit to strength-training in November. I've been walking outdoors because its the last nice outdoor walking season until after March, but I haven't lifted a weight or done a squat in quite a while. Somehow at the gym, its easier to go from the elliptical to the weight room than it is to walk outdoors and then do some handweights/home-variety toning exercises. This month I will try to squeeze the last outdoor exercise possibilities while also remembering the weights.

3. Remember my vitamins. I'm pretty good on this score already, but I want to make sure that my vitamin regime is a firm habit, not just an occasional habit.

So, what about you, readers? Any November resolutions? These three seem pretty doable to me. They aren't huge resolutions like change a job or get married by 25th birthday kinda stuff. Sleep, pick up a hand weight and take your vitamins. These are within my reach.

1 comment: