Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kelly Osbourne Poses in a Bikini

US Magazine Reports:

"I've never worn a bikini in my whole life," says Osbourne, who tells the magazine she's shed 50 lbs over the past year, USA Today reports. "I was called fat and ugly in the press almost my entire life.

"...I understand that being judged by others comes with the territory, but it broke my heart and ruined my self-esteem," says the 5-foot-2 star, who now weighs 112 lbs. "It sets you up to hate yourself in a huge way. I was so angry about the things people said about me."



I think the Bikini goal of health and fitness is always overkill, but I agree with her comments that constantly being put down ruins your self-esteem.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to point out that every single one of Shape's covers (at least the last 60 issues according to what I'm seeing on Google Images) are of a woman in a bikini. See them all here:

    http://www.google.com/images?q=shape+magazine+covers&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1025&bih=733

    Once again people, "Bikini Body" is not a test available at the Doctor's Office--it is not an indicator of health.

    ReplyDelete