Thursday, October 28, 2010

CONTROVERSY: Marie Claire "Fatties" Story Slammed By Mike & Molly Show Creator

Radaronline.com recaps the Marie Claire Controversy here. The gist is a Marie Claire dating blogger. Expressed a very descriptive dislike of obese people showing affection with each other as well as being allowed to exist on the planet. The blogger apologized, with the qualifier the hate stems from her past eating disorder. Marie Claire stands by the authors self expression.

I think this is a perfect example of how people think of and treat overweight people in society. I am glad this incident happen so maybe the thin people in the world can see the world ain't friendly to overweight people just because Lane Bryant has commercials in prime time.

So many thin people treat the overweight like we have a chip on the shoulder. Well, this overweight person does. I turned my chip into a boulder because of all the back handed compliments, stares, and disrespect I receive from people who don't even know my situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment