Friday, June 3, 2011

Rihanna Responds To Music Video Backlash: 'I'm A Rockstar With No Kids!'

Radaronline.com reports Rihanna addresses her critics about her "non-role model" type videos such as Man Down. She says "I'm a 23 year old rockstar with NO KIDS! What's up with everybody wantin me to be a parent? I'm just a girl, I can only be your/our voice!"

I agree with her on this issue. I believe she is being held to a double standard when it comes to the Man Down video. The movie "The Skin I Live In" staring Antonio Banderas has similar subject matter without the same backlash.

It think the truth of the matter is that rape is an act based on violence and power. So the natural reaction to this event is to react in a violent and powerful way. The only way to overcome the natural reaction is a lot of therapy and the current mental health system doesn't provide that opportunity for most.

No comments:

Post a Comment