Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Took A Walk!

So, I've had a cold for about a week and a half, but yesterday I felt like I was ready to start exercising again. I dutifully packed my gym bag, made sure my ipod was charged, etc. Then, when quitting time neared and I started thinking about getting on that elliptical, I started to get a case of the blahs & dontwannas...it was so pretty out yesterday, mid-60's...why couldn't I enjoy the hour or so of daylight instead of going to the gym?!? Then I realized, duh! You can!!! You can take a walk outside! And that is what I did. It was glorious. I was so enthused by the idea, I think I probably got a better work-out than I would have if I went to the gym. Although, I didn't do any toning, which is actually becoming a problem. I am seriously neglecting toning, almost as a matter of principle (although that is only a principle when one's philosophy favors muscular degeneration). I brought my gym bag again today, but if its nice out, I think I'll forgo the gym again and head outdoors...though with some handweights mandated afterward. Has anyone else been able to enjoy exercising outside yet? Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment