Friday, March 4, 2011

Mike Huckabee Slams Natalie Portman's Out-of-Wedlock Pregnancy



Us Magazine reports that Mike Huckabee says: "People see a Natalie Portman who boasts, 'We're not married but we're having these children and they're doing just fine," Huckabee told radio host Michael Medved on his show Monday. "I think it gives a distorted image. It's unfortunate that we glorify and glamorize the idea of out-of- wedlock children."

I think shows like MTVs Teen Mom show the other side of the single motherhood also if any woman looks at the single mother in their neighborhood knows it is not a bed of roses. So I think his comments are just sensational.

For me the bigger concern is the money spent on fertility treatments for people like Mariah Carey (41), Halle Berry (40 ) , Kelly Preston ( 48), Celine Dion (42) make it seem like having a baby at 40 is easy and anybody can do it. I think that is the most hurtful pregnancy trend coming out of Hollywood.

1 comment: