What is economic or financial abuse of a spouse or domestic partner?
Economic or financial abuse includes:
- withholding economic resources such as money or credit cards
- stealing from or defrauding a partner of money or assets
- exploiting the intimate partner’s resources for personal gain
- withholding physical resources such as food, clothes, necessary medications, or shelter from a partner
- preventing the spouse or intimate partner from working or choosing an occupation
Well from a Grandma prospective, the grocery bill is still the woman's domain and is one of the few places a woman can access cash to create an escape fund if she is being abused.